Friday, February 28, 2014

Another 'Legends of Oz' Trailer Has Arrived...

The second trailer for Candy Land: The Movie Legends of Oz Dorothy's Return is here. I sort of forgot at some point during this trailer that this was even an Oz movie. It's so unappealing that it leaves me wondering, "Is this just terrible marketing or is this actually a bad movie?"

Enjoy two-and-a-half minutes of candy puns, dodgy animation, and schizophrenic characters, and take in the fact that $70 million and six years were spent creating this exciting masterpiece. To paraphrase executive producer Greg Centineo, "Move over, Pixar!"

You can see Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return when it airs on Nick Jr. opens in theaters May 9.

5 comments:

Marcus said...

Looks like my boss's 7 year old grandkids will love it. Anything spastic and colorful with a hint of familiarity, and they'll eat it all up.

rocketdave said...

It seems that with each update, the outlook for this movie becomes increasingly negative. I have to admit I lol'ed at the snarky tone of this latest entry.

Jared said...

Please note that this is Angelo's posting and not mine. If you enjoy the snark, it's his.

My anticipation of the movie has always been cool. I'll go see it as soon as I can, but my expectations are low.

rocketdave said...

Duly noted. I may wait for this one to get to video (which might not be too long a wait). It's not like I'm adverse to animation- quite the contrary. I've paid for tickets to plenty of animated features in my time. I went to see The Powerpuff Girls Movie by myself as a full grown adult, despite fears that I'd look weird doing so. I'm just not certain this movie is worth similar embarrassment or the price of admission.

Nathan said...

So they're using every candy joke that got cut from Wreck-It Ralph?