Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Holiday Tradition

Every year I re-read The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum.

It's the story of Santa Claus from a baby to his old age, when he became immortal.

You can read it online here...

I also read A Kidnapped Santa Claus from The Collected Short Stories of L. Frank Baum, published this year by the IWOC.

You can also read it online here...

I've also gone back to work a bit more on the L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz screenplay. There are now some extra scenes in which we actually see Dorothy's parents. At long last, we discover what happened to them and how Dorothy wound up living with Aunt Em and Uncle Henry. I thought of doing a scene where we show how they got Toto, but I thought it wasn't neccessary, and decided not to.

I really need to get back to L. Frank Baum's Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz.

Next post, I'll talk about 2006 in retrospective. I hope it'll be a good post! This one and the one before were a little disappointing.

No comments: