Friday, May 14, 2010

The Road to Oz and other news

I finished my re-read of The Road to Oz. However, last year, I wrote a number of blogs about the book on it's centenary, and the new characters introduced in it, and the books that it tied to Oz. Looking back at it, there's not really anything I can think of adding (except a bit about a blog I said I'd write, but might as well tie into a later book analysis).

So, since there's no new blog, might as well give you some links:
The Road to Oz - The Road Less Traveled?
John R. Neill - An Appreciation - Volume 1
Characters introduced in this book
The Shaggy Man
Button-Bright
Polychrome

In other news, my Oz fan fiction site, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Writer's World, has been overhauled with new features and design, as well as simpler registration, if you're not a spambot. I removed the restriction for new users to be approved before they could post threads, so you just register and get to writing, just how I wanted it to be in the first place. (But if you are registered, make some posts, because we want to clear the user list of fake users, and may have to wipe off anyone who hasn't posted.)

And if you've not heard the new podcast for L. Frank Baum's birthday yet... Go get it now!

No comments: