Sunday, December 18, 2016

Christmas is Coming . . . Holiday Oz Videos!

In one more week it will be Christmas;
and Oz fans know that the Holiday season has many times crossed over and been combined together with L Frank Baum's fairyland, whether it's his own "origin" of how Santa Claus came to be with his life and adventures, the jolly man coming to Ozma's birthday, new stories in books or videos being written made set during the time ... or even with some fan-made videos.


I made two versions of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas";


Above is a more "Youtube friendly" version, one that avoids getting into trouble with copyright issues (such as using Judy Garland's voice from "Meet Me in St Louis", or the two animated "Santa Claus" versions; which is what I did for that other version).
 I hope to be able to share my Definitive version with you someday ...

"We Wish You a Merry Christmas";
(I also made an alternate video with the same song, but used my own hand-coloured versions of Eric Shanower illustrations - until further notice I won't share that version) ...

... a Tribute celebrating 110 years of L Frank Baum's "Santa Claus" book;

And then there's this classic;


There are many, many other videos that combine Oz and Christmas, so check them out on Youtube.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: