Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Wizard of Oz - A Music Video Tribute

I had planned that at OzCon this year, we would follow a panel with Barry Bregman and Christianna Rickard reflecting on their relatives involved with MGM's The Wizard of Oz with an original music video tribute to the movie, featuring the beloved song "Over the Rainbow" and "The Reprise" from Meco's Wizard of Oz disco album. However, things got shifted around and it wound up being one of the last things we showed on Sunday. But thanks to YouTube, now anyone can see it. It was my first time editing in Vegas and I had to learn the software while making this video.

Editing the "Over the Rainbow" part at the beginning was a little difficult in that I realized just how magnetic Judy is during it. She has a lot of presence during this song and it's hard to take your eyes off of her. So deciding when I would cut away to clips from later in the movie was a little tough. I think it works rather well and the Over the Rainbow portion works as a video all on its own.

The second half was a real challenge to time everything correctly and not linger on shots for too long. I really like the Wicked Witch montage, though.

No comments: