Friday, January 30, 2009

Wonders - Judy Garland Special







This is a "special" episode about Judy Garland. It was going to be part of the upcoming Wonders 12, but I decided I had more than enough material to cover in that one. Still, as there had been requests, I asked Aaron Pacentine (who is a Judy Garland fan) to come up with a biography. Well, he read from Wikipedia, but he got one recorded...

This took awhile, because I have no great admiration for Judy Garland (nor hatred, but that's beside the point), and as I hadn't written or overseen the dialogue, I had to find matching pictures on my own. (Thank God for Google Image Search.) I did want to close with Judy singing "Over The Rainbow," but as Warner Music Group owns most if not all of the Garland discography, and they've recently decided they don't want their content on YouTube, I was unable to. (I discovered this before adding any of Judy's music.) Sera Alexia, who volunteered an introduction for the episode, suggested I use a fan-made instrumental version of "Over The Rainbow," and linked me to one. I would love to credit the artist, who gave me permission to use their version, but they also asked to remain anonymous.

*Sigh*... Now, onto Wonders 12, "The Wonders of the Land of Oz," and then the finale...

No comments: