Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wiki-ed Witches

Recently, I've been puttering at the Royal Wiki of Oz again.

Tonight, I mentioned to Oziana editor Marcus Mebes that I'd like to have a complete index of Oziana on the wiki. He mentioned he had been wanting to compile such a thing. I had the site, so a page about Oziana is up on the wiki, listing every single issue.

Every issue can have a page, every writer can have a page, and every story can have a page.

However, Marcus and I can't do it alone. Marcus, just now, has assembled issue listings for 2005-2011. We'd need some help. This is the page we've set up for the 2011 issue. That gives you an idea of how we'd like the pages to look.

And why a new Oz wiki when there's Wikipedia with an Oz section and an Oz wiki on Wikia? Wikipedia isn't comprehensive in these areas, and won't allow the same scope of articles I want for the wiki. And I don't know who runs the Wikia wiki, which has several strange gaps and incorrect information.

Come on folks, I wanna see some action that isn't an unavoidable spammer or me updating!

3 comments:

Bill White said...

Just found this blog, and I am really enjoying it. I knew I wasn't the only adult Oz fan out there, but it's nice to know just how many are out there.

I just posted a piece about Oz on my blog, please check it out!

J. L. Bell said...

Joe Bongiorno's Timeline Universe website about how Oz books and stories are set in time might be reverse-engineered to yield info on Oziana issues.

saintfighteraqua said...

I made my own Oz wiki years ago on Wetpaint but abandoned it.
I'd love to help out someway.