Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Ideal Oz Cast & Crew

It's been awhile since I've blogged about my Oz screenplay project. I'm now working on a second draft. Well, here's my ideal cast and crew list... Can it happen? I guess so...

Director - Tim Burton (No duh...) OR Sam Antony Milazzo & Jared Davis
Producer - Steven Spielberg (Yeah!)/Tom Hanks
Executive Producer - Willard Carroll (Yes!)
Art Department - Weta Workshop (of course!)
Writers - Jared Davis & Sam Antony Milazzo

Dorothy - (New child actress in her debut role.)
Aunt Em - Tilda Swinton
Uncle Henry - (Um... I think I came up with something, but I forgot...)
Good Witch of the North - Rosemary Harris OR Angela Lansbury
Boq - Seth Green
Scarecrow - Daniel Browning Smith
Tin Woodman/Nick Chopper - Haven't completely decided. I was thinking Thomas Robbins, and later considered Wentworth Miller.
Lion - ... Still haven't decided.
Guardian of the Gates - Jeff Goldblum
Soldier With Green Whiskers - Adam Godley
Jellia Jamb - AnnaSophia Robb
The Wizard of Oz - (Haven't decided!)
The Wicked Witch of the West - Christine Ebersole (In memory of Mark Haas)
Glinda - Claire Danes (Sam JUST sold me on her!)

Here are some new characters I came up with for my version film...
Matilda Gale - Erin Cottrell
Charles Gale - Johnny Depp
Army Courier - (Okay, it's a small role... but to tell the truth, I don't care about this one!)
Farmer Benton - Tom Hanks

Emerald City Citizens - Cameos by Oz fans... I'm selling lemonade.

1 comment:

Clapboard said...

Perfect. You have assigned adequate roles to the concerned. Especially the director. Burton deserves to be there. Rest of the cast is also fine.