Monday, May 28, 2007

(Post 60!) The Wonders Are Beginning...

I've finally figured out how to kick off the first episode of "The Wonders Of Oz." I won't tell you how, you'll see it later, but I will say that my Aunt Sharie had a large part in helping create the bit that will kick it off, as well as my mother and my late grandfather. They just didn't know it. (And, for the record, neither did I, at the time.)

Blair Frodelius, if you're reading this, I've taken your suggestions for the opening credits. I've figured out how to fill more title screens and will use a picture where I am smiling. (I've almost got this self-photography thing down.)

The documentary series can also take multimedia submissions in the form of video and audio clips, and pictures. They can be e-mailed to dorothyandozma@hotmail.com. Note that I will not be required to use your submission or make a promise to use it until I've seen or heard it, and even then, I may not use because of time constraints (YouTube will only allow videos to be a maximum of 10 minutes), or because it may not be relevant enough to a certain topic, or someone else simply found another way to cover the topic you are trying to cover that the viewers will get more out of. (Maybe I could do periodic "outtakes" videos with unused material, so folks can still see that their submission is appreciated and was used.) It would be nothing personal against anyone.

Here's a preliminary episode list. Liable to change without notice...

EPISODE 1: Introduction
EPISODE 2: L. Frank Baum & The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
This episode relates the life of L. Frank Baum up to the success of the first Oz book.
EPISODE 3: L. Frank Baum: 1900-1919
L. Frank Baum's life after the publication of "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz."
EPISODE 3.1: (May be incorporated into Episode 3 or be separate) The Secret Lives of L. Frank Baum
A documentary about Baum's pseudonymous books.
EPISODE 4: The Oz Books Live On
The other Royal Historians, from Thompson to the McGraws.
EPISODE 5: The Fans of Oz
A treatise on the Oz fans, the International Wizard of Oz Club, and Oz websites.
EPISODE 6: International Oz
About the impact of Oz in other countries, but will mostly cover the "Magic Land" series in Russia.
EPISODE 7: Oz on Stage
From the 1902 musical to stage adaptations of the MGM movie.
EPISODE 8: Oz in Film: 1908-1933
Covers film adaptations from the Fairylogue & Radio Plays to the Ted Eshbaugh cartoon.
EPISODE 9: Leo in Oz
The MGM movie.
EPISODE 10: Easing On Down The Road
Oz in public domain, Oz movies of the '60s and '70s, and The Wiz.
EPISODE 11: Disney Goes To Oz
Disney's Oz projects, "The Rainbow Road to Oz," the read-along records, and "Return to Oz."
EPISODE 12: The Oz Books Live Again
About the rising of Oz books written by Oz fans.
EPISODE 13: Oz In Pop Culture
The MGM's movie's influence on pop culture.
EPISODE 14: Wicked
About the book, it's sequels, and the musical.

No comments: