Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pay no attention to the blog behind the curtain!

I don't blog about MGM's Wizard of Oz much at all, but... here's a couple things I wrote up recently that are a little humorous.

For the 70th Anniversary of the MGM musical movie of "The Wizard of Oz," Warner Brothers is releasing it to DVD and Blu-Ray in a "Ultimate Collector's Edition." I guess the next step up is the Chuck Norris Edition.


EXTENDED ENDING:
(Miss Gulch walks in with the sheriff, who looks a lot like the Winkie who said "You killed her! She's dead!")

MISS GULCH
There she is, sheriff! Do your duty and take that dog!

SHERIFF
... Lady, get over it.

MISS GULCH
Whaaat?

SHERIFF
Look at that little girl all laid up in bed, with her little dog never having left her side. You want me to put that little thing down?

MISS GULCH
But it bit me! It's a menace!

SHERIFF
Look, lady, we just had a tornado through here, and there are probably other people banged up even worse than this kid and you want me to kill a little girl's dog. Get over yourself. Good day, ma'am, and stop wasting my time.

No comments: