Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Coming soon!

So, remember when I told you how I shared Oz and Baum with my younger siblings?

Well, I mentioned my little brother Arthur was a fledgling cartoonist and filmmaker. The latter being that he's studying at OTC (a local college) on how to make films.

A recent assignment he had was to select a short story and adapt it for film. He asked me, so I suggested L. Frank Baum's "The Suicide of Kiaros," and he fell in love with it. However, he later came back and told me it had to be a children's story.

So, I reminded him of the stories I'd retell to him, Gen, and Daniel when we still lived together with mom and dad, specifically "The Box of Robbers" and "The Magic Bon Bons" from Baum's American Fairy Tales.

After looking it over, he selected "The Box of Robbers." He quickly wrote a script and worked out 85 shots to tell the story in.

And today on Facebook, he posted this photo:

"Is that the set?" I commented.

"Yup," he replied.

He's the guy on the left.

I guess production's underway. He's explained that they couldn't set it quite in the proper time period and he made some other allowances for the small cast and fairly nonexistent budget, but overall, it will be Baum's little story.

I'm looking forward to it.

He'd still like to take a shot at "The Suicide of Kiaros," though.

No comments: