Friday, September 14, 2012

Weekly Update: Chesterton and Other Things

Let's get right down to business, shall we? 

As you can tell from the title, I am going to Chesterton, Indiana tomorrow for the Wizard of Oz festival! I'm super excited that I'm going this year, and I will probably be blogging about my experience sometime next week. Hooray! 

Speaking of the festival, Dorothy of Oz producer Ryan Carroll will be showing twenty minutes of the star-studded animated musical this weekend followed by a Q&A. To receive a ticket to one of the special screenings, you have to purchase a piece of limited edition jewelry from the Dorothy of Oz booth. Author Roger S. Baum will be present as well, selling pre-release copies of his latest book The Oz Enigma. 

As Jared talked about earlier this week, L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is hitting the home stretch of their Kickstarter campaign with only seven days left to reach the $5,000 goal. As of this posting, $4,101 has been pledged. I am playing two supporting roles in the film, so it would mean a lot to me if some of you could help us make our goal. The money raised will be used to finish filming the movie this fall. Click here to contribute to the fundraiser!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend! 

No comments: