Wednesday, February 06, 2013

L. Frank Baum's Birthday Podcast 2013

As some of you may know, the Royal Podcast of Oz has presented a special podcast on May 15th every year since it debuted in 2009.

The first year, we invited Oz fans to record their favorite passages from the Oz books, but the next three years we recorded an L. Frank Baum short story with individual voices for each character. (These have been "Aunt Phroney's Boy," "Tik-Tok and the Nome King," and "The Littlest Giant.")

This year, I'm considering something a little different. The first installment of an audio dramatization of The Enchanted Island of Yew, tentatively titled Prince Marvel. I've been considering how to approach an adaptation for years, and this would be quite different from being just an audio book. (Two versions of which can be obtained for free through Uvula Audio and Librivox.) We'd be starting the story a bit later than the book does. Those who have read the book can probably guess why.

Thoughts? Maybe you want to do a voice? Or an idea for a different story entirely? (The Scarecrow and the Tin Woodman from Little Wizard Stories of Oz is my second choice.)

2 comments:

Amy Griffin said...

you don't know me but I'm getting back into Oz after being away from the fandom for a while. I'd love to do a voice! I work at a radio station so recording voiceovers is part of what I do :)

Jay said...

Amy, please contact me at scarecrowandtinman2002@yahoo.com.