Thursday, June 20, 2013

Comic book update! The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West!

 Well, I fell a little behind on this series. I forgot to order the latest issues right away, and when I did remember, I realized I ordered the latest issue without getting the issue just before it.

Issues 4-6 of The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West bring the Tin Man, Lion, Tip, and the mysterious bandit-type Jack Pumpkinhead to the palace of Glinda, where Jack reveals who he is and how the Princess Ozma disappeared from Oz years ago.

Meanwhile, we learn more about Jinjur, why she's revolting, and how she joins forces with the mysterious old witch Mombi. Plus, we get a look at where and who Toto (Dorothy's horse) has gone to.

 Missing from the main series is the enigmatic and mute Scarecrow girl. However, she gets a spin-off two-issue mini-series in Legends of Oz: Scarecrow.

Scarecrow goes to the town of Denslow and gets a less-than-warm welcome, but she soon discovers that the safety of the town may be in her hands.

If you're behind (and it seems I am, since 7 and 8 are already out), get caught up! And if you haven't started, get the trade paperback and get started!

No comments: