Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Off to Oz!

As I'm sure many of our readers already know, I'm really passionate about writing and filmmaking, and I'm currently studying film in college. One of my favorite things about being here is being able to collaborate with my brother Andrew Thomas, a super talented animator and illustrator.

Late last year, I edited and created the visual effects for his short film Chasing Christmas, which was an official selection of the 2017 Columbus International Film & Video Festival. (You can check that out by clicking here.)

I'm now excited to share our latest collaborative effort, Off to Oz, directed and animated by my brother and written and edited by yours truly. The animated short film is, of course, inspired by Oz and is actually based on one of my favorite moments in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Jonathan Walter, who composed the music for Chasing Christmas as well as for my short film adaptation of The Night Before Christmas, provided the original music for the film. 

We're very proud of and happy with how it turned out, and I hope everyone enjoys watching it as much we enjoyed making it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the short, the animation style reminded me a bit of Charlie Brown- Keep at it!