Friday, August 05, 2011

EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Sasha Jackson



For those who haven't seen the film yet, can you tell us a little about your role in The Witches of Oz?

I played Ilsa, who initially appears as a successful Hollywood actress being asked to star in a film adaption of Dorothy's novels. As the plot thickens, you soon realize that Ilsa is not who she appears to be.

We had Paulie and Barry do an interview a couple months ago, and they shared a bit about their experience on set. Did you get along well with the rest of the cast?

Of course! The cast and crew were amazing. I had so much fun shooting with them all! I wanted to stay on set longer when I had finished filming my scenes in the film.

We heard a bit about possible sequels to The Witches of Oz on the horizon; is there anything you can tell us about that?

Right now, I'm afraid there's not much I can say. All that I will say is that if it is true, I am extremely excited for it!

Did you watch The Wizard of Oz growing up as a child?

Yes, I did. I loved it! My favorite character in the film was the Cowardly Lion, and I loved Dorothy's shoes! I also watched Return to Oz, but to be honest, I was a little scared by it!

What was your first reaction to reading the script for the film?

I was really stoked to play such a great character and I was blown away by Leigh's modern take on such a traditional, iconic story. I found his vision for the project intriguing and enticing.

Did you read any of the original Oz books prior to filming The Witches of Oz?

Unfortunately, no. I did not have much time between booking the role and going to shoot the film. By the time the camera was rolling, however, I was familiar with the stories.

No comments: