Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

It's just turned Christmas Eve in Missouri, so here goes.

Sam Milazzo and I have both produced videos this month for you all to enjoy. First up is Sam's video featuring clips from Oz-related films.


Second is my own. While I was going over versions of The Nutcracker for my other blog's entries later this month, I came across the song "I'll Always Come Back To You." I wondered if it might be given an Oz connection, since the song wasn't specifically Christmas, and then got the idea of making a video about Dorothy's return visits to Oz before moving in The Emerald City of Oz. I originally intended to use video clips, but instead used scans of pages from the Oz books, experimenting with extensive video panning.

My first result, which I removed from YouTube and replaced with the one below, attempted to zoom in on certain areas with two different filters. The first one turned the image with the panning effects into video, then the second zoomed into this. Problem is, now the pictures became blurry. VERY blurry. Feeling very dissatisfied, I went back in, removed the second panning effect and re-did the effects with the first one. As you can see, the end result was much better!



Merry Christmas!

No comments: