Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Roselawn

I finished the first draft of Roselawn, a short story that serves as a sequel to L. Frank Baum's Dot and Tot of Merryland.

Over to the left, you can see a test drawing Alan Cook did for the story, and he intends to make a painting. (He did it before I finished the story, so I did have to write the final scene around it.)

Since the story is far too short to make into a book, and there isn't enough of an Oz connection for Oziana, I have opted to just have the story online. Perhaps if I get enough requests, we could use Al's picture for the cover of a pamphlet and print it that way.

As I said, this is the first draft, so I may revise it, and yes, I'm open to criticism, especially if it's constructive.

At the moment, I'm hosting a PDF file through Dropbox. I have heard that too many downloads may make the file unavailable, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, here it is, Roselawn!

1 comment:

J. L. Bell said...

The font size shifts on page 6. Otherwise, it's a nice classic design.