Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wonders Episode One Production - Part 2 and ramblings

Today, I finally got the first part of the first part of "The Wonders Of Oz" episode 1 edited together... and will soon edit again, likely.

I'm not going to go into detail about how the opening goes. I'll wait until it's released for you to see.

What I will say is that I will not be using any shots of my hand writing ANYTHING. Trying to write backwards in a way that looks realistic is very hard, so I'm not going to use it... Unless someone who is left-handed wants to send me a video of their hands writing "Dorothy lived in the midst of the great Kansas praries with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife."

(My e-mail is dorothyandozma@hotmail.com)

Anyways, you won't be hearing me until after the opening titles, so I guess I'll have to get started on that one soon... like... tomorrow... (Well, seeing as it's almost 2AM, later today...)

I'm hoping to get a good bit done later on. I have Wednesday and Friday off, and will hopefully have Sunday off... which I really want off from work... It will be my 21st birthday. I'll be old enough to do anything except get Senior Citizen discounts.

I can work on it Friday morning and afternoon, but if the family isn't coming down for Father's Day, I'm heading off to see Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

And speaking of the FF and Oz... in one issue of Marvel's What If? (a comic book that dealt with different versions of the Marvel Universe, like "What If Someone Else Was Bitten By The Radioactive Spider?" or "What If Aunt May Was Killed Instead Of Uncle Ben?"), they deal with the question "What If The Fantastic Four Had Different Super Powers?" In it, instead of becoming the Human Torch, Johnny Storm becomes made of metal. Some girls compare him to the Tin Woodman, and Johnny also says at one point that he needs to oil himself.

And in issue #100, a back-up story was... no, wait... Why don't I just save it for an entry about how friendly to Oz the folks at Marvel have been? Yep, I'd gladly be in FOOM (Friends Of Ol' Marvel) if it was still around... Is it?

And also, we have "Returning to Oz" episode 24 released. Review tomorrow!

And by the way, I do not see "The Wonders Of Oz" competing against "Returning To Oz." Although both are fan-made series about Oz, "Wonders" is going to be "L. Frank Baum & Oz 101," while "Returning to Oz" is more of a discussion-style series that will go indepth to certain topics. "Wonders" will encourage the viewer to find out more on their own, and, though not quite as strongly, "Returning to Oz" does that too by referencing Oz documentaries, the International Wizard of Oz Club and The Baum Bugle, and other reference materials. (That's how I was sold on getting a copy of The World Of Oz.)

Well, someone needs some shut-eye now... now to pry my fingers from the keyboard...

No comments: