I am thrilled to report that Wonders 8 has been coming along just fine.
In order for me to finish the episodes faster, I have switched to a new method for making videos (you won't notice it, I promise). I still use DivX and Windows Movie Maker. In order to have these two work in harmony, each episode is broken into segments, and each segement contains a set of photos and/or video with the audio. Each segment is saved as a video file, and when the segments are finished, I'll edit it all together into one file.
In total there are 12 segments. So far, 8 have been completed. There is a good chance I'll have it finished tomorrow!
Here is a segment I put on YouTube as a preview: